Sunday, October 19, 2008

Allen Update

Well, I've been back home for about 2 and a half weeks now and after the last week of sitting around the house by myself I'm ready to get back to work. I'll be starting a new job though, instead of working in the Munitions Squadron, I'm going to be heading over to the flightline and working Aircraft Maintenance in the 421st Aircraft Maintenance Unit within the 388th Fighter Wing. It will be a good experience for me and it's also good for career progression. I think the hours and work schedule will be a little more hectic, but I'm pretty excited about this new opportunity. We've probably got about 2 more years here in Utah before we PCS to (my guess) Eglin AFB in Destin, Florida, or Hanscom AFB in Boston, Massachussets.

Melanie is still working at the Ogden Family Support Center. We are also helping with our church since we just started a new campus this month and are trying to get everything up and running smoothly as much as possible. She's heading home in November to be in a friends wedding and will probably stay home for Thanksgiving since I will also be at a wedding that's in Charleston at the same time.

The winter snow will be here to stay before too long and we're ready for anyone who wants to make a trip up to go skiing or just visit. Hopefully we'll get to see everyone around the Thanksgiving timeframe; we're planning on having a white Christmas in Utah this year so we probably won't see anyone then.

No comments: