All the resorts have a different theme so we spent a lot of time just walking through them and seeing what was in each of them. The Mirage had a Tropical them like being on an island in the South Pacific, the Venetian is all Italy.
You can
get gellato's and go on gondola rides or go to the Lladro store. They had one Lladro there for $40,000, we were gonna get it but figured we'd wait until the next trip. Ceaser's Palace is a huge resort that takes up a few blocks and looks like all the building's and amphitheater's from the Romans time. At the Mirage we got to go look at Siegfried and Roy's Tigers and Dolphin Habitat. It was pretty fun, they had a 1 month old dolphin and a couple 2 or 3 month old white tigers we got to see. I don't think they do the Shows with the Tiger's like they used to, at least not that we know of, but they still have them at the hotel for you to go and watch.
get gellato's and go on gondola rides or go to the Lladro store. They had one Lladro there for $40,000, we were gonna get it but figured we'd wait until the next trip. Ceaser's Palace is a huge resort that takes up a few blocks and looks like all the building's and amphitheater's from the Romans time. At the Mirage we got to go look at Siegfried and Roy's Tigers and Dolphin Habitat. It was pretty fun, they had a 1 month old dolphin and a couple 2 or 3 month old white tigers we got to see. I don't think they do the Shows with the Tiger's like they used to, at least not that we know of, but they still have them at the hotel for you to go and watch.
We also went to a Cirque Du Soleil show at Treasure Island. They have a bunch of different shows but we went and saw Mystere which was interesting. It was pretty good for the most part but there were a few times it was a little weird to say the least.
It was a fun trip but would
probably be more fun with some people who know the area a little better and know where to go for the deals. We played a couple slot machines and spent about $15 dollars (we weren't allowed into the high limit rooms). One my first machine, I put in 25 cents and won $10, so I cashed out immediately. When I came back to the machine after getting my $$ the lady who had been sitting next to me took it over since she thought it was on a roll, but I don't think she got anything. I won about $20 dollars total and Mel lost about $20 so I think we ended up even. Vegas is a fun place to visit for a day or two, but definitely would never want to live there. We were driving in the dessert for hours with absolutely nothing around and then we came over a little hill and there's the city just sitting out there in the middle of nowhere. I didn't win my millions like I had planned so I may have to brush up on my Texas Hold 'Em skills and go win a big tournament in the next couple years while we still out here.
probably be more fun with some people who know the area a little better and know where to go for the deals. We played a couple slot machines and spent about $15 dollars (we weren't allowed into the high limit rooms). One my first machine, I put in 25 cents and won $10, so I cashed out immediately. When I came back to the machine after getting my $$ the lady who had been sitting next to me took it over since she thought it was on a roll, but I don't think she got anything. I won about $20 dollars total and Mel lost about $20 so I think we ended up even. Vegas is a fun place to visit for a day or two, but definitely would never want to live there. We were driving in the dessert for hours with absolutely nothing around and then we came over a little hill and there's the city just sitting out there in the middle of nowhere. I didn't win my millions like I had planned so I may have to brush up on my Texas Hold 'Em skills and go win a big tournament in the next couple years while we still out here.
1 comment:
Great pictures Joe! I was waiting for you to call and tell us you'd won big...I had a couple of airline tickets on hold! We're all glad you are home safe and sound!!! Love, MOM
Post a Comment