Mel is still working at the Family Support Center of Ogden whenever she can make it out of our driveway and up the hill (the ice doesn't make it too easy for her driving). She still loves her job and the people she's working with also. She's a pretty good skier this year and it's much more fun for both of us now that I'm not trying to teach her.
I'm trying out a new sport this winter...snoeshoeing! I got some snoeshoe's for christmas and have been going out on the weekends whenever possible. It's a blast but a pretty tough workout...especially when you're up to your knees in powder! This is a picture of me last weekend on the green pond trail right outside of Snowbasin (looking east behind me). We had about 7 feet or so of snow at this point. I really like being able to go out and make my own trail and go literally wherever I want to...I'm gonna take Roxie out next weekend and see how she likes it.
Laura came and stayed with us this past week also. It was great to have her again and we had fun showing her what life in Utah is like in the Winter. She went skiing for the first time ever and did pretty good. She feel on her first or second run (I can't remember which one it was) then didn't fall at all...until her last run or two. We learned from Daddy and decided to keep her on the bunny slopes though. We went up to the top (needles lodge) for lunch, but couldn't see anything because of clouds/snow, but it was still a great day to go skiing. Laura made a pretty good friend while she was out here too - I think Roxie is going into depression now that she doesn't have Laura to cuddle up to on the couch.
No comments:
Post a Comment