
Monday, January 21, 2008
Snowshoeing with Roxie
On Saturday, I took Roxie snowshoeing up in Ogden Canyon. I think she likes this better than hiking. She spent about 2 hours running up and down the trail in front of me and ocassionally making her own trails in snow up to her back in some areas. We went about 3.5 miles on this trip and I think Mel wants to start going too, so we'll have to see if she likes it as much as I. About half-way into the trail we came around a corner and had a pretty good view of Mt. Ogden (in the bottom picture) which is the predominant Mountain at Snowbasin, were we go skiing. I had no idea we were that close to it until we came up on the view. In the picture, the tallest peak (in the center of the picture) is Mt. Ogden. If you follow the ridge to the right, there is another peak; this is Mt. Allen, there is a tiny shack that sits up there and that was the start of the Men's Downhill course in the '02 Winter Olympics. I think the mid-mountain snowpack up there is 90 inches right now (250" so far this year), the skiing and snowshoeing have been great this year. We'll keep you posted on what else is going on!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Mt Allen, huh? you have your own mountain named after you? what a bad-ass!
Post a Comment