+005.jpg)
This has a been a busy weekend! Friday night I finished out the X-Terra Trail Series. I didn't finish this race as well as I wanted to, but did hold onto 1st place in my age group for Utah. It was a tough run, but had the same finish as the Ogden Marathon. They had a big Expo at the finish that was a lot of fun...awards, vendors, and all the other stuff that usually goes with it. On Saturday, I took Roxie on a hike with my friend Zach. We hiked to the summit of Mt. Nebo. It's the tallest peak in the Wasatch Range at about 11,968 ft. or something like that...I just know it was pretty much 12k feet. It was about 10 miles overall and a gain of over 2,000 ft of elevation. I bought a dog pack for Roxie - I figured she can carry her own food and water - which she did really well with. We didn't have to keep her on a leash or anything, so she did really good. She loves going on hikes and I think she probably could have made that trip a couple of times in a row - she never looked tired! She is slowly getting into her new schedule at our house and seems to like it so far.
1 comment:
Hey Joe, I'm training for a marathon myself. I ran 9 miles Sunday which is the most I've ever run in my life. I've lost almost 30lbs! I'm running the Houston Marathon in January God willing. It's good to see pictures of you guys and keep up. "Keep the Faith!"
Eric
Post a Comment