Monday, April 14, 2008

Our Weekend in Arkansas

This past weekend Melanie and I went back to Arkansas to visit our family. We had a great time and can't wait to see everyone again soon. Jen and Drew were also able to fly out and see us. Mel was able to see a few of her high school friends...I just kept telling her that I didn't have any friends to see because I only had 3 friends in high school, including her, and the other 2 don't live in Arkansas anymore - it makes these trips that much easier for me I guess! But it was nice to see my Parent's and Jen and Drew who couldn't make it out to Utah for the ski trip this year; Liz, Justin and Jonah (who's gotten a lot bigger since the last time we saw him). I know Melanie was also pretty happy to see all of her family as well. Not too much happened for most of the weekend though. We flew in Thursday afternoon after flying through a snow storm in Denver and pretty much just relaxed the majority of the weekend...at least I did; I don't think Mel relaxed as much as I did.
My Dad and I got to get out and hit some golf balls at the driving range...I think the strong winds may have played a factor in our hitting...at least that's what we're blaming it on. Then on Saturday, we were all able to come over to the Smith's house for a b-b-q. As much fun as we had, I think we were both happy to get back home and back into our routine...plus the weather has been sunny and in the 70's, so o'course we're glad to be back. Hopefully, next time we can stay longer and see everyone we missed this trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're glad you're back too! We missed you! ~Melanie C.

Jenna said...

Hi Melanie! It's Jenna! I have a blog too! I'm going to link you if you don't care! Come visit me at http://jennasjourneyblog.blogspot.com/