Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Canada Trip

Well, we finally made it back home. It was a long, but nice trip. We spent 2 nights with Thomas and Angie's Clan. I think it's been about 10 years or something since I saw them, and Melanie had never met them before. We also met their two sons they adopted this year. They got a really nice place that's only a 10 minute walk to the Puget Sound (Birch Harbor). We had pretty good weather for the most part, except for the marathon day. It started out great...sunny skies and perfect temperature. I was on track to run a 4 hour marathon like I had hoped. At mile 12 or so, the temperature plummeted and the rain came down with it. Both the temp and the rain seemed to fall harder and harder the rest of the way. I cramped up really bad once the temperature fell and ended up having to stop each kilometer to stretch out my ham-strings and knees. I finished in 5 hrs. Not what I wanted, but I finished. This is a picture of Mel and I in front of the Legislative building in Victoria, B.C. It's the capitol building of B.C. Canada. It was a nice town right on the harbor (we saw 2 whales) with lots of neat shops and restaurants. Since it was also their Thanksgiving, we took advantage of their holiday sales and got most of our Christmas shopping done. That's about it, we're back home now (Roxie's happy now) and I'm recuperating.

1 comment:

Dustin and Gina said...

Congrats on finishing the marathon! It looks beautiful there. We are anxiously waiting on winter to settle in here. We are a little afraid of what the winter will actually be like though.

We got a new puppy!! It is a Finnish Spitz. We bring it home Friday. We hope to have pictures on our blog tonight of Belle and "him" playing. We haven't picked out a name yet though. Talk soon! Dustin and Gina