Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wolf Creek Resort

Well it's been a while since we last updated our blog (thanks for the reminder Dustin and Gina), we've been busy at work and all the other stuff we've been doing that I can't remember, but we just got back from our AEF Retreat up at Wolf Creek Resort. It was a pretty good deal...we paid $50 and they put a bunch of us who are deploying in their lodges/condos/and homes for the weekend; we had breakfast, lunch and dinner each day and we were able to go snowmobiling, snowshoeing and skiing at no extra cost...
Melanie and I had never snowmobiled before, so that was what we were really looking forward too and it was a lot of fun. We drove out about 30 minutes further into the mountains where it opens up into rolling hills with hardly any trees around, so you can pretty much just take off in any direction...you just need to watch out for the barbed-wire fencing that was starting to show now that the snow is melting a little bit.
On Saturday, I took melanie snowshoeing...this was the first time she has ever been. I took her up to a place I've taken roxie a couple times (up Wheeler Creek trail in Ogden Canyon) and I think she had fun eventhough it wasn't as relaxing as the rest of the weekend had been. It was really nice weather though...a little snowy, but pretty warm and no wind so we had a good time. We only snowshoed for about an hour or so...I took here on a trail that's pretty much up-hill the whole way, so I think she got wore out a little faster than we planned on. But, we still had a great time and she say's that she likes snowshoeing.
I think next weekend, we may try to go down to Moab and do some hiking and I need to get my mountain bike out on the trails since it's finally built up...plus, as much as we've enjoyed the winter this year we are defintitely ready for the warm weather and hot sun. Other than that, we're just getting ready for our trip back to Arkansas in about a week and an half (April 10th) and are looking forward to seeing everyone there...especially Drew.

1 comment:

Dustin and Gina said...

Thanks for updating! We enjoy reading your blog. Don't forget to drop by WV on your way to AR. We are jealous about the snowshoeing and snowmobiling, but not the perpetual cold weather.

We are thinking of you as you prepare to exit the country, serve, and return quickly.

Talk soon!