Saturday, July 14, 2007

X-Terra/Snowbird Trail Race


Today, we went to Snowbird for my second of 4 X-terra Trail Races. This one was much harder than the first, we were about 4k feet higher in elevation that I'm used to, so that made it pretty interesting. We did a lot of climbing but it was pretty fun - once we finished anyway! I got first in my age group (16th overall) so I got an X-terra medal to add to my wall of fame at home. After the race we hung out at the resort with our friends (Eric, who ran with me) and his family for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day and not too hot up in the mountains. It was 85 degrees up there and 105 degrees down in the valley where we live...little bit of a change once you get into the Mtns. We have 2 more races to go, and depending on how I place in those I may get invited to go to Lake Tahoe for the X-terra National Trail Race Championship. We'll keep you posted on that.

3 comments:

momanddad said...

Joe - you're my motivation!! Looking good!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Keep working hard. That would be pretty cool to invited to Lake Tahoe. It's beautiful there!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that wasn't supposed to be anonymous. -- Liz